When creating a Volume/Partial (VPTL) quote, keep in mind, the more information the better. Network partners will need detailed information to provide an accurate option.
Sections within this article:
- How to Create a Volume/Partial (VPTL) Quote
- Building a Quote
- Faster Quote Building with Quote Templates
1. How to Create a Volume/Partial (VPTL) Quote
- From any screen, click the blue Create+ button at the top of your page.
- Select Quote.
- On the mode screen (shown below) click CREATE QUOTE under Volume/Partial.
To quickly build multiple Volume/Partial quotes, click on BULK UPLOAD towards the bottom of the screen. Click here for more information on using Bulk Upload.
2. Building the Quote
To ensure your time is not wasted we only require a few fields to be entered which are marked with an red *.
- Enter in the pickup location. If a full address is entered, only the City, State and Zip will be shown until you select who you would like to tender the load to. Please note: you can use the typeahead feature to search the Address Book or click the Address Book icon next to each stop location field to choose a location.
- Select whether the load is FCFS or requires an appointment.
- Enter in the Date (required), Start Time and End Time
- Enter in any pickup or delivery notes in the Stop Notes section
- Repeat the steps above for the drop information.
- Add additional stops by clicking ADD STOP if needed.
- The Load Type will automatically be set and locked to VPTL.
- Select the equipment type you need using the drop down box.
- Length is required.
- Enter in the commodity and weight.
- Class and NMFC are optional
- Enter in the number of units, unit type and dimensions of the units.
- Select Hazmat if the shipment applies
- Enter additional commodities by clicking ADD COMMODITY.
The last section when building a quote is called Reference.
- If tracking is required, check the box next to Tracking Required.
- If this is an important load and needs to be covered quickly, check the Hot Load box.
- If you have a target rate, select the Price at box and enter the rate.
- Click the ADD REFERENCE # button to add one or more reference numbers. Select the reference number type from the list we have provided.
- For your records, you can enter in a Customer Name. Keep in mind, no partners will be able to see this data until they have accepted the tender request.
- Add any notes in the Notes section.
- Add in any tags to add specific details to your quote. Learn more about using Tags here.
- Choose to post the load to the Emerge Marketplace.
- Click the icon to transfer this quote to one of your teammates. This will send all notifications to this individual.
- Click CREATE to build the quote to send to your partners!
Faster Quote Building with Recent Quotes and Quote Templates!
After you have successfully built a quote and need to quickly rebuild the same quote, use our Recent Quotes tool!
Simply click CREATE + at the top right, then RECENT QUOTES. You will see all of your most recent quotes to select.
If this is a quote you run often, click SAVE QUOTE TEMPLATE located at the bottom left hand corner of the quote creation screen (shown above). This will allow you to save the quote details for future quotes.
To save a quote template, simply add a title, choose if the notes/tags should be saved and click SUBMIT. Learn more about using Quote Templates here.
Note: All fields with a red asterisk are required to be completed before sending a tender request.