When creating a quote, keep in mind, the more information the better. Network partners will need detailed information to provide an accurate option.
Sections within the article:
- How to create a quote
- Saved and Recent Lanes Feature
- Building the Quote
How to Create a Quote
- From any screen, click the blue Create+ button at the top of your page.
- Select Quote
- This will pull you into a new screen allowing you to choose the type of quote you would like to create.
- Click CREATE QUOTE in the LTL box.
Saved/Recent Lanes Feature
There will be two selections on the left side of the Stop Details; Saved and Recent.
- Recent: When creating and sending quotes, EmergeTMS will save all quotes created within the last 30 days under the Recent tab. Click on the lane and the data will appear instantly!
- Saved: You also have the option to save the data you have entered using the Saved Lane feature. Fill out the data and click CREATE SAVED LANE; add a title, choose if the notes/tags should be saved and click SUBMIT. Click on the lane you have saved and the information will automatically populate.
Building the Quote
To ensure your time is not wasted, we only require a few fields to be entered.
Required: Any field with a red * is required.
Not Required: Any field without a red * is optional.
- Select the Equipment Type at the top right of the screen; this will either Van or Reefer
- Select the Site Type; Business or Residentail
- Enter in the pickup location. If a full address is entered in now, only the City, State and Zip will be shown until you select who you would like to tender the load too.
- Choose a ready date for this pickup. This is required when sending out an LTL quote. Dock open and close hours are not required.
- Check any common accessorials to notify partners and to receive accurate quotes.
- Select SHOW FULL DETAILS to enter in the shipping contact name, phone number, email address, and notes needed for this quote.
- Repeat the steps above for the drop information.
- Enter in the required commodity, weight of the load and the class. The NMFC is not required, but is useful information for your partners.
- Click on SHOW FULL DETAILS and select the unit type, the number of pallets as well as the pieces; these are required.
- The length (L), width (W), and height (H) are not required, but are useful for your partners to receive accurate quotes. You are welcome to check whether these units are stackable or unstackable.
- Feel free to enter in additional commodities by clicking on ADD COMMODITY.
The last section when building a quote is titled Reference
- Check the box if this load requires Protect From Freeze.
- Check the box if this load requires Protect From Heat.
- If this load is past the normal length, select the Extreme Length box to expose the total length of this shipment.
- Click the ADD REFERENCE # button to add one or more reference numbers. Select the reference number type from the list we have provided.
- For your records, you can enter in a Customer name. Keep in mind, no partners will be able to see this data until they have accepted the tender request.
- Add in any tags to add specific details to your quote. Please click on this link to learn more about Tags.
- We have added the ability for you to transfer this quote to one of your teammates. This will send all notifications to this individual.
Click CREATE to build the quote to send to your partners!
Note: All fields with a red asterisk are required to be completed before sending a tender request.