When creating a quote, keep in mind, the more information the better. Network partners will need detailed information to provide an accurate option.
How to Create a LTL Quote:
- From any screen, click the blue Create+ button at the top of your page.
- Select Quote.
- On the mode screen (shown below) click CREATE QUOTE under LTL.
Building the Quote
To ensure your time is not wasted, we only require a few fields to be entered marked by a red *.
- Shipper: This selection means you are the shipper for this shipment. This selection will prompt you to choose from the Office Location for the Origin Location.
- Consignee: The selection means you are the consignee for this shipment. This selection will prompt user to choose from the Office Location for their Destination Location.
- Third-Party: This selection means you are neither the shipper or consignee for this shipment. This selection opens both Origin and Destination.
- Prepaid: Freight charges will be paid by the shipper.
- Collect: Freight charges will be paid by the consignee.
When selecting *Third Party* as your Role, use Prepaid to ensure the correct party is billed.
Origin and Destination
- My Role = Shipper: if the user selects ‘Shipper’, the origin field will be a drop down menu that will display all Office Locations associated to a Shipper or Shipper/Consignee LTL Connection.
- My Role = Consignee: if the user selects ‘Consignee’, the destination field will be a drop down menu that will display all Office Locations associated to a consignee or Shipper/Consignee LTL Connection.
- My Role = Third-Party: if the user selects ’Third-Party’, the origin and destination field will be a typeahead field. This will display all City, State, Zip codes, as well as, all address book locations.
We have recently replaced the Google typeahead for improved address functionality.
- Enter in the required commodity, weight of the load and the class. The NMFC is not required, but is useful information for your partners.
- Select the unit type, the number of pallets as well as the pieces; these are required.
- The length (L), width (W), and height (H) are not required, but are useful for your partners to receive accurate quotes. You are welcome to specify whether these units are stackable or unstackable.
- Enter in additional commodities by clicking ADDITIONAL COMMODITY.
- Density Calculator: Helps in identifying the class of your freight.
- Make sure to check Protect From Freeze, Protect from Heat, and/or Extreme Length if these apply to your current shipment.
Save Quote Template Feature and Build a Recent Load
If this is a quote you run often, click the SAVE QUOTE TEMPLATE link located at the bottom left hand corner of the quote creation screen (shown above). This will allow you to save the quote details for faster future quoting.
To save a quote template, simply add a title, choose if the notes/tags should be saved and click SUBMIT. Learn more about using Quote Templates here.
To build the saved Quote Template, click CREATE +, then VIEW RECENT/TEMPLATES.
This will also bring you the option to build a RECENT QUOTE. These quotes will be any quote you have recently built, to quickly rebuild again!