The Lanes feature allows shippers to create specific FTL lanes and add in set rates for their network partners. The Route Guide in Lanes will let shippers define the order in which they want their rates and partners to populate on quotes. Lanes can be accessed by clicking on the Lane icon in the left hand tab bar.
Sections within the article:
- How to create a Lane.
- How to manage your Lanes.
- How to Manage your Route Guide
How to Create a Lane
- Click the Create + button.
- Click on Lane.
Next, please fill out the required fields
- Lane Name - This name is for your company only.
- Stops - Select and enter in the Zip Codes or Locations (from Address Book).
- Select and add an Additional Stop if necessary.
- Select the type of Equipment needed.
- FTL will be auto selected.
- Select CREATE.
This will take you to your Lane that you just created
How to Create Rates for your Route Guide
- To find your Lanes, click on the Lane icon in the left hand tab bar.
- Select Details for the lane you would like to add a Lane Rate to.
- Select +ADD RATE TO ROUTE GUIDE.
- Enter in a current network partner in the Company Name section.
- Select the Rate Type (Flat or RPM - Rate per Mile).
- Enter in the Lane Rate.
- If applicable, enter in the Start Date and End Date for when the rate will be active
- Select Save.
- To edit or delete a lane, select the Ellipsis on the carrier card, then Edit Lane or Delete Lane.
How to Manage your Route Guide
- Once rates are added to the Route Guide, customize the order they will populate when building a quote by clicking the carrier card, then dragging and dropping.
- The top partner will be marked with a star as your Primary Carrier. The others will be marked as Route Guide Carrier. Primary and Route Guide carriers will always be shown above spot options.
- All active and pending Route Guide rates will be listed under ACTIVE/PENDING. Expired and deleted Route Guide Rates will be listed under EXPIRED.
When a quote is built with the exact zip codes or locations, the saved Lane/Route Guide Rate will auto populate!
Feel free to chat an Emerge Support Rep with any questions!