Fuel Surcharge is a fee trucking companies use to cover the fluctuating costs of fuel. The FSC will be calculated based on the active fuel matrix and the Energy Information Administration's (EIA) current national diesel fuel rate.
Users can now configure the display of rates to show all in rates or line haul only.
In order to change the setting in your Emerge account, please follow these steps:
- Click on the User Initials Icon in the top right corner.
- Find and click Fuel Surcharge.
- Click the toggle next to TOTAL RATES WITH FUEL SURCHARGE.
1. If the Fuel Surcharge is set to display total rate, users will see the breakdown below and the total rate by hovering over the quote.
2. If the Fuel Surcharge is set to not display the total rate, users will see the breakdown of the rate by hovering over the quote.
Partners will be notified in each quote request to provide the total rate or to exclude Fuel Surcharge. Estimated fuel will be included on all shipments.
The Fuel Surcharge rate is pulled from the EIA at 17:00 est (5:00 PM) each Monday.
Feel free to chat an Emerge Support Rep with any questions!